If you’ve never tried a unit study before,
this busy time of year might be a good time to give it a try !
Here are some simple ideas for stress free and FUN holiday homeschooling !
More time for baking cookies, going to plays, homemade presents, and hopefully,
even a bit of quiet time to soak in the awe of the advent !
Add in some math and you’re good to go !
*Note: There are lots of ways to complete the reading for this unit. You can read these selections online (all free), check out books from the library, print off most of the short stories below, or purchase them from the links at the bottom of this page. ENJOY !
*Week 1: ‘A Christmas Carol’
*Vocabulary & Other Grammar Activities
* A Humbug’s Grammar (Simple grammar lessons based on A Christmas Carol)
– plenty of grammar work for this entire unit !
* A Christmas Carol Vocabulary
* A Christmas Carol Script– Try gathering some friends and acting out this play version !
* Discussion Questions, Fun Activities, and more
*A Christmas Carol Unit (from DIY Homeschooler- includes nice notebooking pages!)
* A Christmas Carol Lesson
* Reading Comprehension Questions from Easy Fun School
*Ideas for ‘A Christmas Carol’Projects
* A Christmas Carol Crossword Puzzle