It’s Friday Favorites!
More fun ideas for more fields of daisies days!
If you are just stopping by for the first time, you may be wondering what in the world I mean by “fields of daisies” days. 🙂
Welcome to my cozy corner of Bloglandia!
Click on over [HERE] to read what these wonderful days are all about, then come back and sit and stay awhile!
I’m so glad you’ve found Fields of Daisies !
I hope you will enjoy the free UNITS I’m posting, my favorite homeschooling finds, and most of all, I hope you will find some encouragement to keep on
living, loving, and learning with your family!
So, without further ado…on to the fun!!
Earlier this week, I posted some thoughts on being able to SEE the good and the Mercy in each day…
and I kept thinking, in the least, we all have days that
test our patience.
It’s so frustrating when our plans change, or sickness happens, or there are endless trips to and from, and “school” gets put on hold.
How do you homeschool on days like these?
Some days are just difficult, but making them into the best, most memorable kinds of days is totally possible. It’s more than possible!
(REALLY this IS a fun post! I promise! Keep reading !)
So HOW do we do it ?!?
Look for the daisy moments!
Here are some ideas.
* When mama is sick~
Can it be a good day when Mom is sick in bed?
Depends on how you see it!
– Read this mama’s sweet reminder at ilovemy5kids…
THIS is a perfect field of daisies kind of day!
– Curl up together and listen to your favorite books. There are TONS of free audiobooks for all ages.
Listen to some stories that might be brand new to you!
There are some fantastic ones out there that have so much to teach…about science, or math, or history!
Click here to see some of our favorites over the years …Story Time !
And my very favorite series of books, The Chronicles of Narnia are all available free online!!
* The feeling blue kind of day~
Try ditching the regular routine and do something happy !!
What could be cheerier than PEEPS ?!?
– Peeps STEM activities from Schooling a Monkey
– Peep Science from Coffee Cups and Crayons
– Peep Science from The Frugal Navy Wife
– Peep S’mores… Oh my! from DomesticSuperhero.com
* Unexpected all day in the car~
Laughable some days isn’t it ?!?
– Just talk to each other.
Some of the very deepest conversations I’ve had with my children have happened spontaneously while in the car. Maybe it is the lack of distractions, or maybe because we have each other as a
captive audience. 🙂
Either way, don’t “miss it” and stress about all that isn’t getting done at home… lots of important life can be found in the confines of the car.
– Roll the windows down and SING!
Sing LOUD too!
Ahhhhh. Doesn’t that feel so good?!?!
– I love this idea to create your family’s own soundtrack
from Alpha Mom
– Play some silly car games that ALL of you might enjoy!
– A fun “speriment” for the younger kiddos from this mom at
The (Reformed) Idealist Mom
* When everyone is wiggly and has
– Get outside!
Even in the rain or slush ! The kids don’t mind, and stomping in puddles can make you feel like you’re 5.
And that’s a good thing. 🙂
– Here are some great ideas from Our Journey Westward
*And at last….the days when you are simply feeling “interrupted” by LIFE!
-I absolutely love this encouragement from Heidi St. John !
-And THIS SONG from Kristene DiMarco
Hope you find a hidden daisy today !