~ FREE Valentine’s Day Mini Unit Study~
(Reading, Grammar Activities, Math, History, Science,
Bible, Art/Music, Cooking, & MORE!)
Day 1: Valentine’s History & Traditions
Day 2: Valentine’s Hearts
Day 3: Valentine’s Cards
Day 4: Sweet Treats
Day 5: Flowers
<3 Day 1: Valentine’s History & Traditions
– History of Valentine’s Day (Short video…reading below from The History Channel)
– St. Valentine’s Day (Short & sweet intro..this site has really cute links too!)
– Valentine’s History
– The Origin of Valentine’s Day
– St. Valentine Story and Coloring Page
– 10 Grammar Printables
– Valentine’s Vocabulary Lists (This is a great list for lots of levels
from Enchanted Learning)
– Candy Hearts Grammar Activity
– The “AND” Game (Valentine’s themed)
– Valentine’s Day themed worksheets (Wordgrams, Puzzles, Writing Paper, etc
– Valentine’s Creative Writing Prompts HERE and HERE
*Bible- What is Love ?
– What is Love ?
– 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (Printable Work Pack from Only Passionate Curiosity)
– Valentine’s Day and Love
– Love Bible Study for Kids
– Love Is… Coloring Pages
– Also, if you’d like to read my heart on this subject most recently, please read
my post about the importance of not just knowing about love, but doing it !
– Valentine Themed Math Printables (for many levels)
– Valentine’s Math Game (written for +/- , but you could easily adjust it for whatever skill
you’re working on )
– Estimation Activity
– Yummy Valentine’s Math (MY kind of math! From Yummy Math … I LOVE this site !!)
– TONS of Fun Valentine’s Science Experiments (from Creekside Learning)
– 4 STEM Activities for Valentine’s Day ( from STEM Activities for Kids )
– 14 Days of Valentine’s STEM Activities
– History: Valentine’s Day (short video YouTube- 3:32 mins)
– Valentine’s Customs Around the World (might be fun to try some new traditions!)
– Valentine’s Geography Activity (scroll to bottom)
– The Roman Empire for Kids (a brief history)
– 10 Valentine’s Day Art Projects (From Deep Space Sparkle – one of my favorite art blogs!)
– Read about American Pop Art (or watch a short VIDEO intro) and artist Robert Indiana .
Try a few LOVE inspired activities HERE and HERE .
<3 Day 2: Valentine’s Hearts
– Emily Dickinson was an American poet who wrote about many things…but especially
Read about Emily Dickinson and then read one of her love poems HERE
– ‘The Giving Tree’ (ok, so this is a video…but it’s so good!
If you have the book you could read it instead 🙂 )
* This would make a great discussion starter in my opinion, particularly if you are using
the Bible study (or even if you’d just like to read through 1 Corinthians 13:4-8).
– Did you see any examples of love in this story?
– How did the tree show love?
– How did the boy show love?
– Copy Work Activity
You might like to copy ‘It’s All I have to Bring Today‘ or another poem you like
Fun Valentine’s Quotes & other copy work PRINTABLES (from In All You Do)
Valentine’s Cursive Copywork & Dictation PRINTABLES
(from Year Round Homeschooling)
Heart Writing Paper
– Heart Maps (creative writing idea or even art project)
– Math Fun with hearts
– Conversation Heart Fractions
– Heart Ratios Math Game
– Broken Heart Mend Math Game
– Hearts Graphing Game
– Candy Heart Math (lots of ideas from Our Journey Westward)
– All About the Heart
– DIY Stethoscope
– A Trip Through the Cardiovascular System ( From The Scientific Mom)
– Cardiovascular Unit Study
– Conversation Hearts Science (LOTS of super fun science ideas !)
– STEM Activities with Conversation Hearts ( from STEM Activities for Kids)
– Candy Heart Catapult
<3 Day 3: Valentine’s Cards
– Read all about American poet Jack Prelutsky and try some of the activities!
Be sure to read 2 of his funny poems about Valentine’s Day, HERE and HERE and HERE
Try writing a Valentine for your pet…if you dare !
– Introduce Puns …..then click through these old fashioned Puny Valentines !
– Valentine’s Cinquain Poems (Perfect for making some original Valentine’s Day cards!)
– Valentine’s Acrostic Poems
– Valentine’s Haiku Poems
– Printable Thank You Valentine’s Cards (Great Idea for any age!)
*Bible- Love is Kind
– Kindness Video
– Kindness Lesson (scroll through for activities for all age groups)
– Kindness Bible Stories
– Kindness Tree
– 30 Random Acts of Kindness to Do with Your Children (from A Spotted Pony)
This is a really sweet list of experiences that this family had together <3
– Kindness Builders
– Kindness Coloring Pages
– LOTS of Valentine’s Themed Math Games & Printables (from What the Teacher Wants
…this is a super cute blog!)
– 6 Valentine’s Math Activities
– Montessori Valentine’s Math Ideas (Mostly for the Littles in your house)
– Equivalent Fractions (Valentine’s Day Math Printable- TPT, but FREE! )
– Valentine’s Multiplication Bingo (TPT, FREE)
– History of the Valentine’s Card
– Valentine’s Cards through the 1900’s (nice photos!)
– Collecting Valentines (short video, about 3 mins, from History Channel )
– Make a Valentine’s Day Card that you might find in another country.
Choose a country. Find it on a map. Read if/how that country celebrates this holiday.
(Here’s how to say ‘I Love You‘ (and more) in lots of different languages !)
<3 Day 4: Sweet Treats
– Sweet Treats Parts of Speech (super cute blog… Rockin’ Resources)
– Valentine’s Idioms Lesson Printable
– 8 Valentine’s Day Writing Prompts
– Valentine’s Day Reading Comprehension Printable
– Valentine’s Writing Paper & Editing Printable
*Bible- Love is Humble
– Humility Lessons
– Pride and Humility Bible Study for Kids
– Humility Learning Activities
– An Example in Humility
– Humility Coloring Pages
– Valentine’s Themed Math Games (various levels- TPT Freebie)
– Heart Fractions Game (Printable from En Casa …this site is in Spanish, but
self explanatory even if you don’t speak Spanish 🙂 )
– Color Grid Mixed Math Valentine Printables (K-4)
– Online Chocolates Puzzle
– Explore Chocolate
– How Chocolate is Made
– LOTS of fun Valentine’s STEM Challenges (including building a box of chocolates !)
– Heart Estimation Activity
– Sweethearts Experiments
– Sweet Treats- Ice Cream in a Bag Experiment
– History of Chocolate (Hungry History Video)
– Why Do We Give Chocolates on Valentine’s Day ?
– History of Chocolate (Printable)
<3 Day 5: Flowers
– ‘We Should Not Mind So Small a Flower‘ by Emily Dickinson
– Valentine’s Scavenger Hunt with Printables (reading the clues…counts as reading,
right? 🙂 You could also customize this idea for different levels)
*Bible- Love is Content
– What is Contentment? HERE
Can we find what ways contentment is showing love in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 ?
– Contentment Bible Study for Kids
– Contentment Lesson
– Be Content Craft
– Contented Coloring Pages
– Multiplication Flower Wheels
– Valentine’s Flowers Fact Families
– Hearts Venn Diagram Printable
– Valentine’s Printable Dominoes for Math Learning
– Valentine’s Logic Puzzle
– Valentine’s Math Games (TPT…look for the Freebie)
– Roll & Cover Multiplication Math Game
– Why do plants produce flowers? (Interactive Mystery)
– Dissect a Flower (Love these ideas !)
– Make a Rainbow Rose OR HERE
– Valentine’s STEM Challenges (Including Flower Frenzy!)
– Color Changing Flowers
– Minute To Win It Game Ideas
– Why do people give FLOWERS on Valentine’s Day?
– The Meaning of Flowers in the Victorian Era and in Ancient Egypt and in Ancient Greece
– The Symbolism of Flowers in Art
– Flower Art & Science (These would make lovely window decorations )
– Valentine’s Lollipop Flowers
– Hyper Color Flowers
– Here are some beautiful pieces of music to listen to while you work !
Waltz of the Flowers
Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone !