Free World History Curriculum
Part 5: The Middle Ages
Welcome back to the final post on Free Ancient World History Plans !
This is the last section of the “Ancients Units”. In this unit, we will cover all the exciting people and places of this period. Knights, kings and castles, battles, intrigue,
the black death, inventors, incredible art and lots more !
For an introduction to this curriculum and how you can adapt it to all your needs, start below with the first post in this series-
“Free Chronological World History Plan” .
You can find the daily plans for the following as well-
Section 1: Ancient Civilizations & the Old Testament
Section 2: Ancient Egypt (includes Ancient China)
Section 3: Ancient Greece
Section 4: Ancient Rome
Continue reading “Free Middle Ages History Curriculum”
Charlotte Mason on Play…
It might just surprise you what she had to say ! Continue reading “Charlotte Mason on Play”
Welcome to the Frontier !
America’s Southwest Frontier 1824
(American Girl Josefina)
* Frontier Unit Study Core Reading-
*Week 1: “Welcome to Josefina’s World 1824”
Introduction to Josefina and America’s Southwest Frontier
1. “Welcome to Josefina’s World 1824”- p. 1 (Meet Josefina)
2. “Welcome to Josefina’s World 1824”- p. 2-5 (Josefina’s World )
3. “Welcome to Josefina’s World 1824”- p. 8-9; 32-33 (The Village)
4. “Welcome to Josefina’s World 1824”- p. 10-11; 28-29 (Daily Life)
5. “Welcome to Josefina’s World 1824”- p. 16-21 ( Family)
1. “Welcome to Josefina’s World 1824”- p. 22-25 ( Fashion & Beauty )
2. “Welcome to Josefina’s World 1824”- p. 26-27 (Medicine & Health )
3. “Welcome to Josefina’s World 1824”- p. 13 (inset) (Art & Music )
4. “Welcome to Josefina’s World 1824”- p. 12-15 (Faith)
5. “Welcome to Josefina’s World 1824”- p. 34-35 (Food & Fiestas! )
1. “Welcome to Josefina’s World 1824”- p. 36-39 (Friends & Neighbors)
2. “Welcome to Josefina’s World 1824”- p. 40-45 (El Camino Real)
3. “Welcome to Josefina’s World 1824”- p. 48-49; 54-55 (The Santa Fe Trail )
4. “Welcome to Josefina’s World 1824”- p. 50-53 (Life on the Trail )
5. “Welcome to Josefina’s World 1824”- p. 56-58 (Becoming “American”)
Continue reading “Josefina Unit Study- America’s Southwest Frontier 1824”
Can Summer School Be FUN ?!?!?
Try these free American Girl Units.
Complete daily lessons with crafts, recipes, games, activities, printables, and more! Take a LOOK !!
* Kaya’s World: Native America 1764
* Felicity’s World: Colonial America 1774
* Josefina’s World: Southwestern Frontier America 1824
* Kirsten’s World: Pioneer America 1854
* Addy’s World: Civil War America 1864
*I also have saved the best of the best FREE ideas to go along with these units as well. You can find them on my Pinterest HERE
Charles Dickens ‘A Christmas Carol’- Mini Unit Study
If you’ve never tried a unit study before,
this busy time of year might be a good time to give it a try !
Here are some simple ideas for stress free and FUN holiday homeschooling !
More time for baking cookies, going to plays, homemade presents, and hopefully,
even a bit of quiet time to soak in the awe of the advent !
Add in some math and you’re good to go !
*Note: There are lots of ways to complete the reading for this unit. You can read these selections online (all free), check out books from the library, print off most of the short stories below, or purchase them from the links at the bottom of this page. ENJOY !
*Week 1: ‘A Christmas Carol’
“A Christmas Carol” (Gutenburg Version)
“A Christmas Carol” (Easy to Read Version…Larger Print)
This piece is divided into 5 staves, perfect for one week’s daily reading.
Listen to one of these audio versions
YouTube Version (Audio with Text)
Watch the 1971 animated version Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol
George C. Scott full version A Christmas Carol
(There are many good animated and full versions to be found)
*Vocabulary & Other Grammar Activities
* A Humbug’s Grammar (Simple grammar lessons based on A Christmas Carol)
– plenty of grammar work for this entire unit !
* A Christmas Carol Vocabulary
* A Christmas Carol Script– Try gathering some friends and acting out this play version !
* Discussion Questions, Fun Activities, and more
*A Christmas Carol Unit (from DIY Homeschooler- includes nice notebooking pages!)
* A Christmas Carol Lesson
* Reading Comprehension Questions from Easy Fun School
*Ideas for ‘A Christmas Carol’Projects
* A Christmas Carol Crossword Puzzle
Continue reading “‘A Christmas Carol’ Mini Unit”